Sunday, July 6, 2008

Getting in shape

It's been a tough week. I'm trying to get myself back into shape after a bit of a break. I put on a lot of weight as a result of a change in medications (35 lbs in about 4 weeks) and I've had a lot of trouble losing it. It's frustrating to not be where I was but I'm sticking with it. I managed to excercise 5 days last week. It killed me. I'm going to keep sticking with it. That's my montra. I'm sticking with it. I don't mind getting old but I refuse to be one of those people who gives up and stops taking care of my body. It's not so much vanity (although that is part) but mostly I would feel like a big loser if I quit. There are people who care about me and have stuck by me in good times and bad. I feel like letting my health go would be a betrayal of their faith and support in me. But damn am I sore and I'm going to hate myself at 7 am tomarrow.

Oh well. It will get better. I'm sticking with it.

No comments: